Pages

Sunday 3 February 2013

How to save money on haircuts - D.I.Y ;)

Lol...! 

I've been thinking about having my hair trimmed for a couple of weeks now but I'm rather tight on budget. (I'm trying to keep to one of my resolutions which is not to get into debt.. at all.. so I pay off all my credit card bills in full every time.. which leaves me a lil short on free cash).

Also, I've come to realize that when I visit the hairdresser for a cut but I'm not really in the mood for it, I won't be completely satisfied with the end product. Perhaps because I tell the guy "yeah, just trim it a bit...do whatever you think is good, but I want to keep the length", which then makes them trim the ends a bit and that's it. Boring..! So not worth wasting RM 60-70 in a good salon. 

My solution? 

Grab a pair of scissors, comb, newspaper, mirror, and a comfortable chair. It's time to do-it-yourself ;)

Trust me, it works. All you have to do is cut your hair based on whatever style it was in previously. Trim it a bit here and there, and you're done! 

I must confess that I wasn't really in the mood to cut my own hair either so it was a bit of a lazy job..and I think the layering is a wee bit messy on one side (shhhh, don't spread the word...lol)

Still, here are some before and after pics. Hahaha...

Before...

After...
It's not too bad eh? I'm waiting for a day when I'm "feeling it" to get a really nice cut, but until then, I'm quite happy with what I've got. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do y'all.

Have a great week ahead!
Love & hugs..

nad xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment