Wednesday, 27 November 2013
Thursday, 21 November 2013
I have this trait - once I've made up my mind about something, I'd want it STAT (or, yesterday even!)... I wouldn't be able to sit still until I get it done... It's quite irritating, to be honest -_-"
So... Yana & I decided to go on a shopping date ASAP; she for shoes, me for my jacket. Go!
Can you believe that after walking for about 8 hours (in 5" heels too, I might add), going around all floors, from the new wing to the old wing of the hugeeee One Utama, I still couldn't find what I was looking for?!
I made a second attempt a few days after that (alone and determined, ready to search all of Mid Valley & Gardens, if need be). I swear I walked into every single clothing store on the Ground floor, branded ones too (which I normally avoid). The jackets were either leather, wool, or way too expensive... and none with silver buttons & buckles T-T
Finally, finally... I found it! :D
|THE Jacket - from Treats, 1st Floor Mid Valley Megamall|
Well, it fit 98% of what I wanted anyway.. It was navy blue instead of black but that's ok since navy is the new black ;)
Mission accomplished. *insert some rousing & triumphant music here* :P
Just to note, the shops listed below had some awesome jackets & definitely deserve a mention.
1) The Mod House - has excellent, stylish and elegant jackets that fit me perfectly. Designs are a little on the formal side but it looks real smart, and has designs fit for autumn winter looks (since this is the season). Price is not crazy either, the ones I picked were between RM150 - RM230-ish. I like! :)
2) Nichii - always has great jackets or cardigans at very good prices. Usually has a mix of formal and casual ones... even some 'in between' ones that you can dress up or down. My wardrobe has quite a significant number of Nichii-tagged attires ;) I'm not sure how long this promo will last but you can get 10% if you pay with a CIMB card.
3) Treats - new find! And the store with THE jacket :D Treats has some chic and funky stuff, I do love some of the lines that they carry. It even has those gel-like shoe insoles and the soft small blister-preventing plasters that you stick on the back of your shoes (they're really really good, trust me). And it even has 10% discount if you pay with a Citibank card. Yay!
|I get 2 different looks, just by changing my jacket :D|
That's it from me.. Til next time! ;)
Tuesday, 12 November 2013
|The Nutritious Radiant Vitality Energy Lotion Intense Moist.. and it's lovely red box ;)|
So this is how it goes…
Alright, let’s be fair…
#1. It wasn’t an impulse buy – I spent several days pondering the “to buy or not to buy” question
#2. The 4x 15ml sample bottles which I got as a gift after purchasing my cleanser not too long ago was NOT Intense Moist and started to make my skin tingly, irritated.. and a wee bit itchy :( I won’t be using that toner, that’s for sure
#3. It comes in a 200ml bottle so after doing the math (30ml lasted for around 6 months… divide, multiply..yada yada), I estimate it should be good for another 3 years
#4. Umm… it’s promotion time?
I use my fingertips to dab on a few drops of Intense Moist twice a day after washing my face and I can immediately feel a soothing sensation, as if my skin is happily drinking up the Intense Moist.
After the complete trio (toner, serum and moisturizer), I feel my skin is all so… I don’t even know all the right words to describe it, but it’s really nice and soft/supple. You know that SKII advert where the model taps her cheeks with her fingertips to show the 'bounce', while saying "doiing, doiing"? Yup, that’s exactly how I feel :D
Saturday, 26 October 2013
· Detox, i.e. good bowel movement
· Skin looks better, more radiant or something (dunno how true that is.. maybe it’s my makeup & not the InnerShine at all.. maybe it’s a bit of both.. besides, how DO they tell if someone’s skin looks more radiant? )
· Eczema flare up / allergies are much, much better controlled. And for that reason alone, I think I’ll continue taking this.
· Have to drink it continuously for good results (I’ve taken it on & off but after taking it continuously for nearly 2 weeks now, I can feel some difference)
· More energy? Keeps me awake? However, because I can’t sleep at night (I’m a night owl & am most active after 9pm lol), I get a bit groggy in the mornings… and I don’t eat as much. Between hunger and sleep, I always choose sleep – I’m one of those who can sleep even if I’m hungry. Nevertheless, I don’t “crash” as much in the evenings, not like I used to do so that’s another plus.
*Note* I’ve recently done a little experiment – I’ve started taking the InnerShine in the mornings or before noon. Early conclusion: I don’t need coffee/caffeine anymore lol. And it’s worn off by evening so I have no more trouble sleeping at night, yay. Let’s keep this up, fighting! ;)
· Good source of vitamin C? Probably coz the absorbance is better from fruit extracts vs tablets.. I dunno, this is only my own opinion and not based on verified fact.
Wednesday, 16 October 2013
Monday, 23 September 2013
|Note: this is pre-manicure photo ;)|
"A manicure is a luxurious beauty treatment for the fingernails and hands that results in clean, soft and perfectly-polished nails. Both men and women get manicure treatments in salons and spas – not simply to keep their hands looking their best, but as a fun and inexpensive way to pamper themselves.If you’ve never had a professional manicure before, here’s what you can expect:
First, a bit of maintenance work.The first part of your manicure will involve cleaning, cutting and shaping your nails. Old nail polish will be removed, your nails will be cut and shaped and the surface of your nails will be smoothed out with a buffer. Your cuticles will also get a little TLC…first by softening them with a bit of cuticle oil and then by pushing them back with an orangewood stick. Depending on the type of manicure you’re getting, you may also be treated to a hand and arm massage or a moisturizing paraffin treatment." [quoted from http://jolieacademy.com/what-is-a-manicure]
Wednesday, 1 May 2013
This is gonna be a really short post til later ;)
How many of you actually know why it's important to dispose your light bulbs properly? Not I....I just read this article today & I think it's important that we share this tidbit of info to keep ourselves & our environment safe.
Send your used bulbs to a 'bulb eater' (there's one in IKEA Mutiara Damansara) or at least tie it up in a plastic bag before you throw it to prevent mercury leakage from the bulb into the air and water in the earth.
Sunday, 3 February 2013
Tuesday, 29 January 2013
Thursday, 3 January 2013