Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Kdrama 2012: Faith... with Lee Min-ho! :D

Yes, I have the Blogger app installed on my phone so that I can blog on the go...like now, lol.
I was screening today's The Star paper and look what I found - "Doctor Gangnam-style", an article about the currently airing time travel kdrama Faith.... *aaahhhhhhh... Lee Min-ho, saranghaeyo!*



I'll update this post when I get home.
Back to work I go...whooosh! ;)
xoxo~
*** Update:

I hope you can read the article in the pic above.. it's a pretty good summary of the drama. I've watched up to episode 14 and I highly recommend it...hehe. Why? 

1) Lee Min-ho is SO cool in this drama! I watched Boys over Flowers before and I wasn't super duper impressed or attracted to Min-ho there, BUT I'm really loving how he acts out his character in this story. He has this total disregard for authority attitude, portraying a really intelligent, honorable and skilled General, who does have quite the temper but who cares about that when he's extremely good-looking? ;D 

2) Kim Hee-sun is the perfect lead actress. She's an adorably funny cosmetic surgeon with a lotta spunk. I thought it would be a bit awkward having the lead actress be 10 years older than the leading man (like in The Moon Embraces the Sun), however, the two of them have great chemistry and I really didn't notice the age gap while watching the show.. I was rather surprised when Wikipedia told me so, lol.

3) I like that this story has a plot... as in, it's not just another love story. Yes, it does have some element of romance (altho' at episode 14, there hasn't been many obvious scenes but you know that the feeling is there, just waiting to blossom *cough cough*). It makes me want to know what's gonna happen next. To be honest, it was such a gripping drama that I watched all 14 episodes overnight. I simply couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen.

4) The cast members fit their characters very well. I don't think there's anyone that I felt didn't fit in, they all acted out their roles very believably. And somehow, I felt like they introduced lil conflicts here and there that were really relatable. For example, Eun-soo is a doctor but before her 'journey' to the past, she only cared about treating the illness without sparing much emotion or empathy for her patients. Not to say that she's cold, but, there's more to treating a patient than merely stitching them up and giving them pills - you need to soothe their 'spirit', if you catch my drift. There's more, but I'll let you watch it to find out ;) 

5) Episode 15 is out today... I just can't wait for more!!!! 

The only downside to this show that I could think of is that it does contain some rather gruesome fighting scenes. Just a bit. Maybe it will appeal to the male population or action lovers as the choreography is beautiful and rather awesome, but, I find it a wee bit on the violent side at times.  The other thing I dislike, is that after 24 episodes there won't be any more :'(

***More Updates: Spoilers ahead.

- Faith has a happy ending..yay!! It's satisfying, and yet, not quite. Lol. I guess the only drama that I am completely satisfied with the ending is Queen In-Hyun's Man (must watch, must must MUST watch!). However, Faith had a decent, happy ending which gives the audience lee-way to make up your own storyline for the character's future..if that makes sense :P

I didn't like how they killed off Doctor Jang in the final 2 episodes, but I suppose it was necessary seeing as he had a surgery planned. But, they could have made a bit more impact seeing as he was quite an important character, i mean, he's the Royal Doctor so they should have made more fuss about it. Sigh.
***


Fun Facts: (with a lil help from Wikipedia)


Currently airing on SBS every Monday and Tuesday at 21:55.

Faith (Hangul:신의; RRShin-eui

Shin-eui (Hanja: 信義) means faith, as in belief in justice. 

In Hangul it also means divine healer or great doctor, a pun on "god" + "medicine", as a play on the medical and the fantastical, two major elements of the world. 

It’s a re-imagining of a what-if version of history, potentially changed on a massive scale by the actions of two individuals. 

Taglines: "Fantasy and history will meet. Person and person will meet. Person and heaven will meet." 

Described as the epic story of those that will shape a king and change the course of fate.


More plot summary: 

Choi Young is a bodyguard to the king (General of the Wudalchi, aka Royal Guard) in the mid-1300s of the Goryeo Dynasty. He’s 29 years old and has no regrets in life, no ambition for women or money, and whose hobby is sleeping. Because he lives a life of no regret and gave up on love to be an unflinching warrior, he’s not afraid of death (there's a reason behind the 'gave up on love') .Choi Young believes that people who don’t fear death needn’t spin their wheels scheming, so he takes that to the extreme — he’s a warrior who doesn’t strategize, so much as attack everything head-on. If he happens to succeed, great; if he fails and dies, so be it.

Yoo Eun-soo is a 33-year old plastic surgeon in the year 2012. She was originally a general surgeon, but quickly found that it was an overworked, under-paid profession and jumped ship to plastic surgery. Her dream is to someday open her own practice. But one day a strange man she thinks is dressed as a drama extra kidnaps her... and takes her back to the Goryeo era. In Goryeo, she is believed to be the apprentice of the famous Chinese surgeon, Hua Tuo and from heaven. Their love story spans centuries but also warring beliefs.

Cast members:
  • Lee Min-ho - General Choi Young
  • Kim Hee-sun - Yoo Eun-soo
  • Yoo Oh-sung - Ki Chul
  • Ryu Deok-hwan - King Gongmin
  • Park Se-yong - Queen Noguk
  • Phillip Lee - Jang Bin
  • Sung Hoon - Chun Eum-ja
  • Shin Eun-jung - Hwasuin
  • Lee Byung-joon - Jo Il-shin
  • Kim Mi-kyung - court lady Choi
  • Baek Kwang-doo - Bae Choong-seok
  • Kim Jong-mun - Oh Dae-man
  • Kang Chang-mook - Deol-bae
  • Yoon Kyun-sang - Deok-man
  • Kim Soo-yun - Deo-ki
  • Jung Yoo-chan - Joo Seok
  • Kwon Min - Ahn Do-chi
  • Ahn Jae-wook - Eun-soo's doctor ex-boyfriend (cameo, ep 1)
  • Oh Kwang-rok - fortune teller (cameo, ep 1)
  • Choi Min-soo - leader of Jeokwoldae (cameo, ep 4)

Written bySong Ji-na
Directed byKim Jong-hak
Shin Yong-hwi
CinematographySeok Deuk-won
Lee Young-cheol

No comments:

Post a Comment