Pages

Sunday 16 December 2012

M.A.C Glamour Daze launch & Nude Lip set review

Hey folks!

I probably should have reviewed this much, much earlier but I uhhh, was a bit tied up. lol.

By chance, on the 7th November 2012, I was assigned to 'look after' our SPIKES booth at the NICE exhibition, KLCC. Coincidentally, that week Maxis had a promo for Samsung SIIIs, and I was determined to find a white SIII for myself (promo priced, that is ;). Seeing as the Maxis Centre in Gardens and MidValley (my usual haunts) disappointed me by not having a WHITE SIII, and customer service wasn't that satisfactory either, I took the opportunity of being in KLCC to check it out there. So, once the exhibition was over, I grabbed my bags and zoomed over to Suria KLCC...

Long story short, as I had a couple of hours to kill while Maxis sorted out whatever they needed to sort out (service was SO much better in KLCC's Maxis Centre.. thank you for renewing my faith in Maxis!)... as I window shopped around Suria KLCC, I saw that M.A.C was setting up their stage for the launch of the Glamour Daze holiday collection. Awesome timing! :D



I really wanted to stay around and wait til the event started but since I would have to make the journey home alone via public transport, I couldn't wait. I did hang around til they started serving drinks to their invited guests (darn lucky people...argh!). I only managed to get 1 photo before my phone battery went flat, huhu. Nevermind, next time I guess. Besides, my feet were literally killing me in my new heels.

Before I left, I managed to get myself the Nude Lip Set, yay! I've been wanting to get that for ages now but because it's a limited edition item, I hadn't been able to find that particular shade.... until that moment. The Glamour Daze holiday collection is full of really lovely eye shadow, lipstick, gloss, blush, etc... I was tempted, I really really was! However, since I'm on a mission to save up for a new 'house', I only bought one item. I'm such a good girl, sometimes I amaze myself *hahahahahaha*


Bottom line: I love love love the lip set! For my skin tone, that shade of nude really works. I've tried several other brands but none of them 'fit' as nice as MAC's did. And... as part of the set, I got that really cute purse and cloth bag to go with it :D 


See? The colour is faint, but it's there. I do so love it! Suits me even better than anything in Estee Lauder's collection (and I am a huge EL fan! ;)

There are many ways you could use it, but I like the way the MAC makeup artist showed me during my 'makeover' back in August. First, you've got to colour your lips with the Boldly Bare Lip Pencil. It makes your lips more even toned and will also make the lipstick colour last longer.


Next, apply the Shy Girl Cremesheen lipstick all over. It has a lovely peach plus light brown tone - not too brown, not too pink... it's what I call "rich girl's makeup". Don't ask me why, but when I see that shade of nude, I'll always think of that line. It's probably the understated simple elegance of the colour, it gives a person the "expensive" look. Hmm, does that make sense to anyone other than myself? lol.

Last but not least, dab some of the Kiss Me Softly Cremesheen Glass on the middle part of your lips (not all over, just the middle). There should be a proper word to describe that part of the anatomy but at the moment, I can't recall what it is, huhu. Anyhow, the gloss is awesome! It will immediately cool your lips, and give it a wonderful sense of being moisurized, lightening the feel of the lipstick, on top of adding that little bit of shine and shimmer to your lips. You'll need to touch up your gloss a few times throughout the day as the gloss won't stay on for very long. Nevertheless, I loveeeee this lipglass!



This set is now permanently in my handbag. It doesn't matter where I go or what I'll be doing, I'll either wear it or bring it along, just in case. It's suitable for work, and also for those big events if you have any. You simply can't go wrong with the nude look!



It's RM165 well spent, no doubt about it :)

xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment