Pages

Saturday 22 December 2012

Perfection isn't everything... the heart counts

Dear Diary...

Yes, I am starting my post with a dear diary, lol.

I have so many things to write about but I'm a lil behind schedule, and I'm also in a bit of a lazy mood this evening. Lazy to the point that I don't even want to get my butt of this scrumptious sofa to get myself a drink -_-" mummyyyyyy!

hehehe... :D

This past week has been hectic (nothing new there..lol), however, somewhere along the way I came across this really beautiful duet by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson - Winter Song...


Such a beautiful song... simple, elegant, and absolutely stunningly melodic. Those two ladies have some amazing vocals... I'd kill to be able to be so melodic and to harmonize that well! 

Anyhow...

Listening to that got me thinking... You know how I've always been rather obsessed with perfecting my singing, my pitching, belting, bla bla bla... I think I lost sight of the big picture - I was worrying so much about the technicalities that my singing became a bit robotic. Technically better, but lacking in heart, and melodic-ness. Where'd my sparkle go??

Thanks to Sara, Ingrid, and this beautiful tune, a light bulb lit above my head... I've realised that although perfecting my skills are essential, losing my 'sparkle' & 'heart' is too high a price to pay. If I can't feel the song, how am I to touch someone else's heart?

Okay, I'm exaggerating... my condition is not that bad. However, if I don't do something about it now, it might become a permanent habit... and that is what I'm trying to avoid.

So, it is time for me to make a change. 

#1. Remember to warm up and exercise my vocals and my body everyday.
#2. Feel the song that I'm singing.. really emote... and then, let the melody flow.
#3. Don't turn singing into a chore. The moment it feels that way, stop.
#4. Stop worrying excessively about all the technical mumbo jumbo and go crazy! Dance.. Act... do the things that makes singing fun ;)

That's all that I can think of for now. Although this post is predominantly about singing, I'm going to take this approach for everything in life. 

Take a moment and smell the roses <3

Love & hugs,
nad xoxo~



2 comments:

  1. Have fun there!! LOL~~ xD take care!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenny!! You take care and have a wonderful weekend ahead k ;D
      xoxo~

      Delete