Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Estee Lauder Nutritious Radiant Vitality Energy Lotion Intense Moist - my One & Only Toner

The Nutritious Radiant Vitality Energy Lotion Intense Moist.. and it's lovely red box ;)

So this is how it goes…
(I’m writing this while my kdrama is paused and loading ;)

Back in around May, I bought my Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair serum. As usual, I waited til it was on offer and added on a lil bit extra to get more goodies… in this case, a travel sized cleanser, eye cream and toner. It wasn’t just any toner, it was the new Nutritious Radiant Vitality Energy Lotion Intense Moist (it’s a real mouthful that one! I’ve never been able to say the full name so I will call it Intense Moist from here onwards.. lol)  

Essentially, it’s a toner. I’ve been using it since then and I love it! So much so, that I succumbed to the impulse to buy a full sized bottle which retails at a whopping RM180 *faints*. 

Alright, let’s be fair…

#1. It wasn’t an impulse buy – I spent several days pondering the “to buy or not to buy” question
#2. The 4x 15ml sample bottles which I got as a gift after purchasing my cleanser not too long ago was NOT Intense Moist and started to make my skin tingly, irritated.. and a wee bit itchy :( I won’t be using that toner, that’s for sure
#3. It comes in a 200ml bottle so after doing the math (30ml lasted for around 6 months… divide, multiply..yada yada), I estimate it should be good for another 3 years
#4. Umm… it’s promotion time? 
Top: November Estee Lauder haul
Below: Gifts :)

Ultimately, I figured that the benefits outweigh the damage to my finances and bought it. Gulp. I may have to set up a little 'Estee Lauder account' when I do my budgeting :P

I’ve never been a fan of toners. Ask anyone, I’d be the first to question if a toner is really necessary. It was just serendipity that I got a bottle of Intense Moist for ‘free’ and decided to use it.

I won’t lie and say that I can see a difference when I use the Intense Moist (coz, let’s face it, unless there's a BIG sign, I don't notice nothing.. lol!). Although saying that, my skin has been in quite good shape these past few months (thank God, Alhamdulillah)... it might have something to do with the Intense Might, or maybe it's a combination of things. All I can say for sure is that I feel a difference, even if I can’t see it ;) 

I use my fingertips to dab on a few drops of Intense Moist twice a day after washing my face and I can immediately feel a soothing sensation, as if my skin is happily drinking up the Intense Moist. 

After the complete trio (toner, serum and moisturizer), I feel my skin is all so… I don’t even know all the right words to describe it, but it’s really nice and soft/supple. You know that SKII advert where the model taps her cheeks with her fingertips to show the 'bounce', while saying "doiing, doiing"? Yup, that’s exactly how I feel :D 




There were a couple of instances when I didn’t have my Intense Moist with me and had to go without... that's when I really noticed the difference – it was as if my serum and moisturizer were not being absorbed as efficiently (for lack of a better word). I didn’t feel that immediate softness as I did after the Intense Moist.

So… now that I know what it feels like with and without the Intense Moist, I seem to have stapled it into my daily skincare regime :)


Do I recommend it? Absolutely! If you can spare the cash, that is. 

There are 2 formulations, Intense Moist and Fresh Moist so, you’ll probably need to find what works best for you. I can only tell you about my personal experience :)

As for all the write up about the product, I will post a pic of the product insert so that you may read it for yourself (I don’t fancy retyping everything, lol). Here’s a link to a blog which also lists all other products in the Nutritious line, if you want to check it out.


That’s all from me. Love & hugs!

Nad xoxo~




p/s- get your magnifying lens out people..font size XXS, if there ever was one! lol



2 comments:

  1. can this be used around the eye area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm afraid you can't use it around the eye area.
      According to the beauty advisor, only eye creams can be used for the eyes (usually it's because products not specially created for eyes would be too rich for the delicate skin and may cause some oil seeds to develop). Hope that helps :)

      Delete