Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review/test

Hey everybody!

Well, i bought myself a new webcam back in February & couldn't wait to try it out lol.

It's the new Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, and I absolutely love it! I wouldn't consider this to be a proper review, but the video below should give you an idea of the recording quality when using this Logitech :)




I think it's an excellent webcam, but that's just me, lol! Hope this helps...

Oh, you should check out this review too (it's in Russian tho).. it's really good & informative, helped me to realize what else my webcam could do. And altho' I didn't understand a single word, it was very visual so I could guess what they were talking about :)





Screen recording 

Someone asked me what it would look like if I used my webcam to record my LCD monitor. So, I turned the camera facing my screen, hit record and ta da! Here's what it looks like:


And one more thing, 


Sound

If you use the webcam's built-in microphone to record sound, by all means, please un-check the RightSound setting. If you have the RightSound on, you'll sound like i did at the end of my review video. Audio is a gazillion times better with the RightSound OFF, like in this video blog of mine below...



Photo challenge- Logitech vs Samsung Galaxy S.

I took some photos using the 2 cameras and uploaded the images to Photobucket.. please check it out here:












---------------------

Specifications from Website... there seem to be a number of small print so do check it out if it concerns you :)


Technical Specifications:

- Full HD 1080p video calling (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels) with the latest version of Skype for  Windows*
- 720p HD video calling (up to 1280 x 720 pixels) with supported clients
- Full HD video recording (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels) with a recommended system**
- Logitech Fluid Crystal™ Technology
- H.264 video compression*
- Carl Zeiss® lens with 20-step autofocus
- Built-in dual stereo mics with automatic noise reduction
- Automatic low-light correction
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified (USB 3.0 ready)
- Tripod-ready universal clip fits laptops, LCD or CRT monitors


Logitech webcam software:***

- Video recording: Up to Full HD 1080p video capture**
- Photo capture: Up to 15 megapixels (software enhanced)
- 1-click Facebook®, Twitter™ and YouTube™ HD upload (registration required)


Optional bundled software:

- Logitech Vid™ HD****


*Please download the latest version of Skype, Skype 5.7 Beta for Windows, which offers 1080p HD video calling.
** H.264 recording requires installation of QuickTime®.
*** Requires installation of included software.
**** Logitech Vid HD only supports HD 720p video calling in MJPEG mode.

13 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Your video was wonderful and you perform very well in front of a camera. Can you post here what microphone you use and the other gear with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      Thanks so much for your comment :) I was using an AKG Perception 220 condensor microphone, attached to an Alesis MultiMix 8 USB fx mixer. The Alesis provides the phantom power for the microphone and if I plug it to my laptop, it also serves as an audio interface. Apart from that, I have the usual Monster cables and a double pop filter (i would buy a different pop filter next time tho, huhu). Hope that helps. Soon I'll try to do a post about my audio equipments :)

      Delete
  2. You are gorgeous, greetings from Germany :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you very much! You're very kind. Greetings from Malaysia! ;)

      Delete
  3. thanks for the video.does the webcam have a microphone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, yes it has a built in microphone. Sound quality is pretty decent although, be sure to change the settings so the RightSound is off (otherwise, it will sound a bit like you're talking in a fishbowl ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi Nadia - thanks for doing this review! Could you please tell me if this webcam rotates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reginald, I wasn't sure if you got the answer I posted on YouTube.. I'm not too sure what you mean by rotate, but from what I can see, the webcam can't be rotated.. you can only tilt it up/down. Perhaps attaching it to a small tripod would help :)

      Delete
  5. Hi, can i just ask at what distance from the camera were you in the picture of you and the other person?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, oooohhh I'm afraid I can't remember exactly. I think it was between 1-2 meters (we were sitting on the sofa while the laptop+webcam were on the coffeee table).

      Delete
  6. After seeing your review of the c920, I really was impressed...great job Nadia, I loved it all the way...the yei me thing so got into my head that I actually even told my dad to yey me...thehehehe... :D funny ahh...anyhow, great review and talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniel, lol thanks! :D So, did your dad yay you? hehehe.. thanks very much for checking out my review..and yup, do keep in touch :)
      nad xx

      Delete
  7. you are so full of energy. Awesome girl!
    Thanks for the micro and webcam inputs

    ReplyDelete